Toyota 4WD Surf Owners • View topic - Vic Day out Warby or Nerrium 28-29/03 report

Toyota 4WD Surf Owners

A place designed to make ownership of your Toyota Surf more rewarding

DMCA.com
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:54 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Vic Day out Warby or Nerrium 28-29/03 report
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:27 pm 
Over 300 posts

Most of us arrived in warby around 9am some stopped off at the bakery for a bit of a morning starter. We had a few late arrivals that got there about 9:20ish headed out to the first track Bluey creek trk, this track has caused problem in the past it didn't fail to surprise us again. I got caught out on the first bog hole not enough speed to get me though and then nearing the end of the track caught on an off camber 30deg left side down 20de nose up lokka not engaging ](*,) had to winch out. next three truck mad it easy then the Landrover took the left rear tire off the rim. After a winch and a tow via a 4runner and a surf the Landrover was bought to the top to allow the tire to be changed safely the last truck made up easy.

We stopped at the top had a bight to eat then off to the next track which was meant to be lyrebird I missed this turn some how, all was not lost thought we would head up to Oat Patch which in the past had been a good short track not to be it was smooth hi-way so off back down to Patrol which to had been graded so we took crooked creek trk this proved to be a fun track. not a very hard track but a bit of low range down hill stuff would be better going up.

We turned right on to BS Fireline which had also been graded and made into a hi way, we stopped at SM Fireline and had a look all the trucks took this track except myself as the wife was not keen on the angle of the track so we drove around. Well driving around get call on radio from one of the boys saying they had come across a stuck vehicle and could I come in from the other to pull it out. I get to the area and one of the boys had already come down to help out.

This was the end of the day we all took the exit to the main road and aired up and said our goodbys

Things still to do:2" Body lift .

Post subject: Re: Vic Day out Warby or Nerrium 28-29/03 report
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:45 pm 
Silver Member

Nice to meet up with some of the forum guys after a 4 year layoff.

Shame about the track selection but can't do much when they are turned into highways.

Will PM everyone with a date in May (8th) for a Toolangi trip that we can rate as hard.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:04 am 
Over 300 posts

Here are some pics of the trip more to follow:

Things still to do:2" Body lift .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:10 pm 
Over 200 posts

Thanks for organising was good to get out and about again.

We definitely be up for a trip later in May.

Oh and that hill you went around, looked a lot worse than it actually was from the cab